- 1 ¾ cup blanched almonds
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated lime zest
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper that slightly hangs over all both ends.
- In a food processor, grind almonds and sugar until it is an even fine crumb, about 20 seconds.
- Add egg whites, lime zest and cinnamon. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheet leaving an inch spacing around each cookie.
- Slightly moisten your fingers and gently press down onto the dough until cookie is ½ inch tall.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly, evenly browned.
- Take out of the oven and gently lift one end of the parchment paper.
- Pour water under the paper and tilt pan so the water spreads under all cookies. Water will boil when it hits the hot pan. When it stops boiling, carefully remove the paper.
Carefully remove cookies from paper and place directly on a wire rack to cool completely.