• 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
• 1 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup broccoli florets, finely diced
• 4 green onions, finely diced
• 1 garlic clove, finely minced
• 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste
- Poach chicken: Place chicken in sauce pan and add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let chicken stand, covered until cooked through (about 12 to 14 minutes). Remove chicken from liquid and shred with 2 forks. [Note: You may want to move shredded chicken to a cutting board to give a rough chop for smaller pieces in the bites.
- Cook the quinoa: Meanwhile, combine quinoa and water and cook according to package instructions.
- Make sauce: Whisk hot sauce, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over warm, shredded chicken, stirring to combine.
- Combine: In a large bowl, combine chicken, cooked quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.
(Source: Alida’s Kitchen)