- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar, such as Cabot Seriously Sharp
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut tomatoes in half along the equator. Place cut-side up on the baking sheet.
- Divide the cheddar among the tomatoes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper.
Roast until the tomatoes are soft and starting to sag under their own weight, and the cheddar is bubbling and starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
(Source: Healthy Seasonal Recipes)