- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Romano cheese, thickly grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Take loaf of Italian bread and cut in half lengthwise so you have two, long halves.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, mix together the two cheeses.
- Spread garlic butter over both halves of bread, place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove loaf from oven, sprinkle on mixed cheeses and return to oven. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
Let cool 5 minutes, sprinkle with parsley, slice and serve immediately.
Source: 12 Tomatoes