Trying to live the healthy life is sometimes difficult; especially when you have a sweet tooth and are craving something sugary and cake like. Below is a muffin recipe that is not only tasty but will also curb that sweet tooth craving!
- 2 cups freshly ground oatmeal
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice
- 2 lightly beaten eggs and one egg white
- 3.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large apples
- 2 large peaches
NOTE: You can choose any two fruits that you like! They almost all work fine with this recipe!
- Pre-heat oven to 320 F.
- Grind the oats into a flour-like consistency using a food processor and add in the walnuts.
- Lightly beat eggs separately in a small bowl. Add yoghurt and apple juice.
- On very low heat mix the oil, cinnamon, vanilla and honey until it becomes a syrup-like.
- Add this wet mix into the dry mixture, and slowly fold in apples and bananas.
- Fill muffin tins will 3/4ths full.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
Allow the muffins to cool and then and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.koraorganics.com/blog/mirandas-apple-and-banana-gluten-free-oat-muffins/