- 1 large tomato, cut in chunks
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, freshly toasted and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the tomato, garlic, vinegar and oil in the bowl of a food processor; puree and transfer to a mixing bowl. Whisk in the green onion, cumin and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon a couple tablespoons over a salad of fresh greens and vegetables. Reserve what is not used in a jar in the refrigerator for a few days.