- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 5 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green chile
- 1 cup corn kernels (1 large or 2 medium ears)
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Trim the ends from the zucchini and quarter them lengthwise. Cut each quarter crosswise into one-half-inch pieces. Set aside.
Pour the olive oil in a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it softens, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and the oregano and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the cut-up zucchini and the green chile, cover tightly and cook until the zucchini softens, about 5 minutes.
Add the corn kernels and heat through, about 2 minutes. Season with one-fourth teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper, or to taste, then remove from heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Serve hot.
(Source: Adapted from LA Times)